Not sure what to do when it comes to colours and textures in design, it can become a little intimidating. But it needs to be done or you might end up with the same design for years to come. We have a few tips to get you started.
- When you start with a design, start with the rug. There is only a few you will fall in love with. From there you can design your space. Starting with a colour will be more difficult. There is a lot more colour you will fall in love with.
- For a focal point in your space you need to be bold and adventurous. Use bright colours to liven draw your eyes the that spot first.
- Instinctively if you are not sure about a pattern then don’t use it. But if your gut tells you to buy something even if its not in your design plans, go for it, you will make it work.
- Your colour pallet should symbolize your personality not the latest trend. When choosing an accent colour choose something you will enjoy living with for a while.
- Choose a style design like Modern or Contemporary as a guide, but personalize it to your specifics. Use Pinterest can create folders for each space and add pictures that inspire you.